- Signal-powered: No Power Source Required
- Optical Isolation: Breaks Ground Loops
- Heavy Duty Surge Protectors: Prevents Lightning Damage
- LED Diagnostic Indicators: Simplifies Installation and System Troubleshooting
- 19.2K bps (baud) to 0.5 Mile (0.8km), 9.6K bps to 2.0 Miles (3.3km), 1.2K bps to 7.0 Miles (11.7km)
- Four-Wire Full Duplex, Two-Wire Simplex
- Pluggable Solderless Screw Terminal Field Connections
- Null Modem Switch
- Single or Dual Channel Package
- CE Compliant
The DCP35-S series of products is designed to allow RS-232 devices to be inter-connected over distances sufficient to cover any industrial or institutional complex of buildings. These line drivers feature a DIN rail mountable enclosure for application to a junction box, a panel, a relay rack, the sides of computer equipment, or anywhere a DIN rail can be mounted.
The DCP35-S series does not require a power supply for operation. The use of low power circuits and a sensitive optically isolated receiver allows the devices to derive all necessary power from the RS-232 data and control signals. They are designed for full-duplex, asynchronous operation over two, DC-continuous, non-loaded, twisted-wire pairs. Two-wire simplex operation may be accomplished over one twisted- wire pair. The line driver circuits and, consequently, the host device are protected from electrical transients due to lightning strikes or operation of heavy industrial equipment.
Each device features a convenient DCE (Data Communication Equipment) to DTE (Data Terminal Equipment) switch which reverses pins 2 and 3 of the RS-232 connector. For installation and system troubleshooting each unit has diagnostic Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) on the transmit and receive lines.
The DCP35-S is available in a single or dual channel package. The RS-232 connector may be ordered as a male or female 9-pin connector. Field connection is made through pluggable solderless screw terminals.
|Category:||Isolated DIN mount converters|