- 4 Input Channels for 4-Wire or 6-Wire Sensors
- Interface to Full, Half and Quarter (with external bridge completion) Sensors
- All Channels Individually Configurable for Range, Alarms, Averaging
- Programmable Sampling Rate & Resolution
- Simultaneous Sampling of Input Signals
- Burst Mode for Capturing Fast Events
- Programmable Bandwidth, Excitation, Shunt Calibration
- 1500Vrms Input-to-Bus Isolation
- Each Channel Protected up to 30Vrms Continuous Overload
The MAQ20 strain gage input module offers 4 input channels and can interface to full, half, and quarter bridge sensors using 4-wire or 6-wire connections. All channels are individually configurable for range, alarms, and averaging to match the most demanding applications. In addition, sampling rate, resolution, bandwidth, excitation voltage, and shunt calibration are user settable parameters. Input signals are sampled simultaneously and burst mode can be used to capture fast events.
High, Low, High-High and Low-Low alarms provide essential monitoring and warning functions to ensure optimum process flow and fail-safe applications. Hardware low-pass filtering in each channel provides rejection of unwanted frequencies. Field I/O connections are made through spring cage terminal blocks with positions designated for the termination of wiring shields.
Input-to-Bus isolation is a robust 1500Vrms and each individual channel is protected up to 30Vrms continuous overload in case of inadvertent wiring errors. Overloaded channels do not adversely affect other channels in the module, which preserves data integrity.
Input ranges are selectable on a per-channel basis. Four ranges are available. Over-range and under-range up to 2% beyond the specified input values is allowed and accuracy is guaranteed to ±fs.