- Accepts High-Level Voltage Input
- Provides 4-20mA or 0-20mA Current Output
- 1500Vrms Transformer Isolation
- Accuracy, ±0.03% of Span Typical, ±0.1% Max
- ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
- Noise, 46µA Peak (5MHz), 4µA RMS (100kHz)
- CMRR, 110dB
- 80dB Per Decade of Attenuation Above 100Hz
- ATEX Compliant
SCM7B39 process current modules accept high-level signals from the process control system and provide either 0 to 20mA or 4 to 20mA current to the field.
These modules incorporate a five-pole filtering approach to maximize both time and frequency response by taking advantage of both Thomson (Bessel) and Butterworth characteristics. One pole of the filter is on the process control system side of the isolation barrier, and the other four poles are on the field side.
After the initial process control system side filtering, the signal is chopped by a proprietary chopper circuit and transferred across the transformer isolation barrier, suppressing transmission of common mode spikes and surges. The signal is then reconstructed, filtered, and converted to a process current for output to the field.
These modules accept a wide 18 - 35VDC power supply range (+24VDC nominal). Their compact packages (2.13" x 1.705" x 0.605" max) save space and are ideal for high channel density applications. They are designed for easy DIN rail mounting using any of the "-DIN" backpanels.