- Interfaces RMS Voltage (0 – 300V) or RMS Current (0 – 5A)
- Industry Standard Output of either 0-1mA, 0-20mA, 4-20mA, 0-5V or 0-10VDC
- Designed for Standard Operation with Frequencies of 45Hz to 1000Hz (Extended Range to 20kHz)
- Compatible with Standard Current and Potential Transformers
- ±0.25% Factory Calibrated Accuracy (Accuracy Class 0.2)
- 1500Vrms Continuous Transformer Isolation
- Input Overload Protected to 480V Max (Peak AC & DC) or 10A RMS Continuous
- ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
- ATEX Compliant
Each SCM5B33 True RMS input module provides a single channel of AC input which is converted to its True RMS DC value, filtered, isolated, amplified, and converted to a standard process voltage or current output.
The SCM5B modules are designed with a completely isolated computer side circuit which can be floated to ±50V from Power Common, pin 16. This complete isolation means that no connection is required between I/O Common and Power Common for proper operation of the output switch. If desired, the output switch can be turned on continuously by simply connecting pin 22, the Read-Enable pin, to I/O Common, pin 19.
The field voltage or current input signal is processed through a pre-amplifier and RMS converter on the field side of the isolation barrier. The converted DC signal is then chopped by a proprietary chopper circuit and transferred across the transformer isolation barrier, suppressing transmission of common mode spikes and surges. The computer side circuitry reconstructs, filters and converts the signal to industry standard outputs. Modules are powered from +5VDC, ±5%.
For current output models, an external loop supply of 4.2V to 26V is required. The loop supply connection, with series load, is between Pin 20 (+) and Pin 19 (-).