- Interfaces to RMS Voltage (0-300V) or RMS Current (0-1A)
- Designed for Standard Operation with Frequencies of 45Hz to 1000Hz (Extended Range to 10kHz)
- Compatible with Standard Current and Potential Transformers
- Industry Standard Output of 0 to 5VDC
- ±0.25% Factory Calibrated Accuracy
- 1500Vrms Transformer Isolation
- 120dB CMR
- 70dB NMR at 60Hz
- ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
Each 8B33 True RMS input module provides a single channel of AC input which is converted to its True RMS DC value, filtered, isolated, amplified, and converted to a standard process voltage output.
The field voltage or current input signal is processed through a pre-amplifier and RMS converter on the field side of the isolation barrier. The converted DC signal is then chopped by a proprietary chopper circuit and transferred across the transformer isolation barrier, suppressing transmission of common mode spikes and surges. The computer side circuitry reconstructs, filters, and converts the signal to an industry standard output of 0 to 5VDC.
Special input circuits provide protection against accidental connection of power line voltages up to 350VAC and against transient events defined by ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1.